The Larger Life

Standing Alone

“Don’t settle for hours in front of a large screen TV when you can have a larger life.” David Duchemin

They suggest 111.3 million people tuned in to see the Superbowl. This number went up to 114 million for the half time show and the final moments of the game showed 118 million viewers. Not sure how they come up with those numbers but that’s not what this post is about. My focus is on those large numbers of people glued to their large screen TVs. I just wonder are we missing out on a larger life?

1. Paul February 15, 2012 at 5:13 am #

I agree with you here, Monte, as part of the “don’t own a TV club” :) Even though I don’t on a TV, I still make an effort to get out and get away from the computer and the iPhone on an almost daily basis. I love your signature tree! :)
    Paul recently posted..Well now, this is just cool!My Profile

• Monte Stevens February 15, 2012 at 6:46 am #

Thanks, Paul. I’m so aware of the time I spend on my computer and iphone, which I’m using for this reply. I no longer take my laptop on my trips so that I will get out more. I admire your commitment to those daily walks but find I fall short on my side of the tracks. I didn’t know we were in a club. Have I been missing meetings? :-)

2. Ken Bello February 15, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

Did I miss the Superbowl again? Damn, I have to set my alarm next time.
    Another great shot, Monte. Makes me feel cold.
    Ken Bello recently posted..A (not so) STATISTICAL ANALYSISMy Profile

• Monte Stevens February 15, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

Yes, you did, Ken. The Giants won, I think. The other day I was in Buffalo Wild Wings. I was dizzy, nauseated and deaf by the time I walked out of there. Way to much input for this guy. The solitude of this scene suits me better.

3. Tom Dills February 15, 2012 at 7:43 pm #

I heard that there was some kind of game a week or so, but I guess I missed it too. Actually working in an office like I do it’s a bit hard to ignore or avoid.

I’m really growing fond of those trees, Monte!
    Tom Dills recently posted..Good QuoteMy Profile

4. Brent February 22, 2012 at 12:52 am #

This is beautiful, Monte. I’m glad it’s more that one tree, and yet it stays simple, clean, and super appealing. Well done.
    Brent recently posted..2012My Profile