Dang It Was Cold

Cottonwood Tree Along East Horsetooth Road

Cottonwood Tree Along East Horsetooth Road

I got up early yesterday. Well, actually I awoke around 3:30 am and just was not able to get back to sleep. So, I got up around 5:00 and found myself driving out east along Horsetooth Road. I find some frustration when I go out to this area because of all the development. I do not have the open views of the past years. I have to keep going east to find those open spaces. This tree is and exception so here is another image of it.

Anyway it was cold and mainly due to the 80% humidity. But, not as cold as those in North Carolina. Have a great Tuesday!

This entry was posted in Landscapes/Rural, Nature Areas, Sunrises and tagged , , .

1. Paul January 9, 2018 at 5:23 am #

Now that’s saying something! We’ve finally climbed out of the deep freeze and are looking at Breaking the 50s and possibly the 60s this week. That arctic cold mass has decided to move on, thankfully! Back to normal NC weather! More and more disappearing trees around here too, as “progress” continues. Only change is for certain.
    Paul recently posted..Waiting for the shot to appearMy Profile

• Monte Stevens January 9, 2018 at 4:39 pm #

We had a beautiful day with the temperature reaching 60 degrees but back to colder weather tomorrow with rain and snow.

And, yes that’s for certain!
      Monte Stevens recently posted..Dang It Was ColdMy Profile

2. Tom Dills January 9, 2018 at 6:31 pm #

Beautiful photo, Monte – a fine reward for your efforts. I know where you’re coming from on the development. So-called progress is inevitable, but disappointing just the same.

As Paul mentioned, we made it into the 60s today, although I don’t think it’s going to last.
    Tom Dills recently posted..Spoiled For ChoiceMy Profile

• Monte Stevens January 10, 2018 at 7:08 am #

Thanks, Tom! Glad it’s warming up for you. We are expecting to see rain and slight chance of snow. The rain is not that typical for January here in Colorado. Have a great day!
      Monte Stevens recently posted..Dang It Was ColdMy Profile

3. Earl January 10, 2018 at 12:55 pm #

Yelp, I often experienced the same early wake-ups without being able to get back to sleep. My rule is before 4am I’ll stay in bed and try to sleep…after 4am I’ll probably get up. Of course even when I do sleep thought the night come 5:30-6:00am there’s a good chance of a cold nose in my face (Maggie not Bonnie, lol) wanting to go out. One thing I did enjoyed so much about Idaho/Montana/Wyoming was the ease of getting out of sight of anything man made. Monte, lovely photo!

• Monte Stevens January 10, 2018 at 2:10 pm #

I hope Bonnie’s nose is warmer and drier! LOL
      I have pretty much have the same 4:00 am rule. Thanks, Brooks!
      Monte Stevens recently posted..Dang It Was ColdMy Profile