Bringing a Smile

Yucca and Breaking Blue Sky

This was taken after the snow storm had passed through the night. Nature has again created a winter scene for us to enjoy. For me the plowed and shoveled snow of our cities is not a pretty sight. These piles of snow with their sand/salt mixture and various liquid anti-icers and de-icers is not pleasing to me. I would rather see the winter scene as nature made it. I’m also not one to enjoy the cold that comes along with natures winter art but the scenes, even the simple ones, bring a smile to my life.

This entry was posted in Cactus, Landscapes/Rural, Plants/Nature, seasons, Snow, winter and tagged , , , , .

1. Mark March 4, 2012 at 7:36 am #

I really like this scene Monte. I agree, nature is much better when we are not trying to “manage it.”
    Mark recently posted..Interesting tangentsMy Profile

• Monte Stevens March 4, 2012 at 8:59 am #

Nature knows how to create the scene and post process it. :-)

2. Earl March 4, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

A wonderful image, Monte. I like how the horizon seems to almost fade into the sky and the contrast and lines of the Yucca on the snow is lovely. Heck, just seeing more then a few flakes of snow is lovely…a warm winter here. :-)
    Earl recently posted..Selecting and setting up a Piwigo Photo GalleryMy Profile

• Monte Stevens March 6, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

Thanks, Earl! Again, this was taken out east of town. I’m actually shooting between the barb wire of a fence.

3. Ken Bello March 5, 2012 at 8:23 am #

Earl’s right. This is a really nice photo, Monte. We are getting snow as I write this, so I’m on my way out the door.
    Ken Bello recently posted..POWERMy Profile

4. Michal Budzynski March 7, 2012 at 1:19 am #

Very minimalistic shot, it looks great :)
    Michal Budzynski recently posted..The Wintery Baltic Sea – landscape timelapse video in HD!My Profile

• Monte Stevens March 7, 2012 at 6:12 am #

Thank you, Michal , and thanks for leaving the comment. I checked out your website and loved the time delayed images as well as the music.

5. Cindy March 13, 2012 at 6:15 am #

Wow the image is just surreal! . It’s like a grain of sanity in today’s crazy world…
    Cindy recently posted..Free cinema ticketsMy Profile

• Monte Stevens March 13, 2012 at 7:10 am #

Thank you Cindy. I agree, our world seems a bit insane at times. That is why standing next to a yucca plant on a cold evening can slow us down and embrace a touch of sanity.
      Monte Stevens recently posted..Alone on the HorizonMy Profile