Cancelled Flights

Waiting

I am always witnessing people waiting at the airport. Some are planned waits such as connecting flights and some are not. When this image was taken we were waiting on our plane which did not arrive until early the next morning therefore canceling the flight.  It’s times like this we have opportunities to learn about waiting that Earls talking about here. For me waiting while I watch the sun to rise or set is easier than waiting for a late plane. Sigh!

This entry was posted in Canon Powershot G12, Documentary/Street and tagged , , , .

1. Paul March 9, 2012 at 9:38 am #

Waiting for plane delays can be taxing, but if you have a camera with you, which you always seem to, it can be a reason to explore a bit more. This shot portrays that ‘something to do’ while waiting.
    Paul recently posted..Last year, Australia. This year, Germany!My Profile

• Monte Stevens March 12, 2012 at 6:35 am #

People watching, I’ve always enjoyed that. This work I do allows me to study peoples reactions to situations and other people. You also are a people watcher. :-)

2. Tom Dills March 9, 2012 at 9:53 am #

I think it’s easier to wait for a sunrise or sunset because the sun is always on time.

Nice photo. It hints at the feeling of a late night in the airport. Maybe more than a hint.
    Tom Dills recently posted..Sign of the Times?My Profile

• Monte Stevens March 12, 2012 at 6:37 am #

So right, Tom. Unless the world ends we will always see it or on a cloudy day see the effects of its light. And, a late night it was, somewhere around 11:00 PM.

3. Earl March 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

A really good photo, Monte. It reminds me of a few of my travels and over-nights spent in airports.
    Earl recently posted..In the creative spiritMy Profile

• Monte Stevens March 12, 2012 at 6:40 am #

Thanks, Earl! I’ve noticed many of the airports have put in benches with armrests in order to curtail people from sleeping on them. They just curl up on the floor.

4. Ken Bello March 10, 2012 at 9:03 am #

Making the most of a lonely situation. How many people can relate to that. Very nice photo.
    Ken Bello recently posted..You Can Go With This or You Can Go With ThatMy Profile

• Monte Stevens March 12, 2012 at 6:41 am #

I’m afraid there are a lot of people who can relate to this scene. Air travel is just not that much fun.